In regards to ‘responses’ I have discussed my different uses before. Basically, they follow the structure of Post Kinds, but there are times when I break them down further using tags:
- 📑 / Bookmarks: Used for posts of interest, with added commentary and quotes added.
- 👍 / Likes: Used for links that I have little to say about, but want to like. The same as a +1 on Google+ or a star on Mastodon.
- 🤔 / Questions: A cross between a bookmark and a reply, questions are used as a means of posing wonderings and what ifs.
- 💬 / Replies: Although in part serving the same purpose as a bookmark, replies allow for an interaction with the author.
- 📚 / Reads: Used to collect together marginalia associated with books. I usually just bookmark articles.
- 🎧 / Podcasts: Similar to a bookmarks and likes, this indicates podcasts.i haved listened to and engaged with.
- 🎵 / Music: This is for reviews and reflections on music.
- 📺 / Watched: Used for video I have watched, particular online. Although these are sometimes kept as bookmarks when they involve mixed media.
- 📰 / Newsletters: My newsletter provides an opportunity to review the various bookmarks saved throughout the month. Although this could be automated using a platform like MailChimp (as Doug Belshaw does), I choose to do this manually and further add to my commentary.
I must admit that I am always making minor changes. It is far from set.