Caitlin Tucker with guidance on keeping it simple as you design online video discussions.
- Provide students with an agenda and a list of discussion questions ahead of time;
- Communicate your expectations for participation and behavior online;
- Ask students to generate their own discussion questions;
- Start every virtual conferencing session with an icebreaker question or a quick check-in;
- Use the chat window strategically;
- Host shorter sessions with fewer students;
- Ask students to assess their participation online.
via Ian O’Byrne