- Having a writer’s notebook automatically improves student writing.
- There’s one correct way to use a writer’s notebook.
- Students can have complete freedom when using a writer’s notebook.
- The writer’s notebook is only useful for ‘collecting seeds.’
- It’s either notebooks or genre instruction- you can’t do both.
This is a useful provocation for thinking about the purpose behind strategies such as writer’s notebook.
Leung also shares a collection of prompts.
It is interesting to consider this alongside blogging and something like Stephen Downes’ post on where his blogging ideas come from.