- Explore the advantages and disadvantages of learning online
- Understand the power of technology
- Foster community
- Explore joyful learning
- Begin to address issues of equity.
- Give up control and embrace personal learning
- Rethink assessment
- Extend Grace
- Prioritise well-being above all else
This is a similar sentiment put forward by Gary Stager:
So, there is reason to celebrate (briefly), but then you must act! Use this time to remake schooling in a way that’s more humane, creative, meaningful, and learner-centered. This is your moment!
In the absence of compelling models of what’s possible, the forces of darkness will fill the void. Each of us needs to create models of possibility.
Whatever model is proposed, Mal Lee suggests that we need to assume that students will attend a physical space at regular times.
Work on the reality that society will expect the kids to go school, and return home at a set time each day, five days a week, for X days of the year, and break for holidays in the same weeks each year.