- Book deals do not mean a bunch of money.
- Most authors never see another cent beyond the advance.
- Often book launches are the responsibility of the author.
- In 99.9999% of times authors are not paid for readings.
- Book tours are funded by authors.
- Often authors have little control over the cover, title, and subtitle of their books.
- Books maybe copy edited, but are often not given extensive structural edits.
- Authors often only earn $1.50 a book.
- Usually authors have no control over the publication of excerpts.
This is very thought provoking and eye-opening.