Five top tips to help limit your child’s exposure to harmful content online:
- Engage in your child’s online activities – ask what apps, sites and games they’re using and make sure they’re age-appropriate
- Use parental controls on devices to help limit what your child is exposed to
- Let them know not everything they see online is real or true.
- Help them report and block upsetting content they see on social media sites or apps.
- Let them know they can come to you about anything upsetting they see online, and contact Kids Helpline if they need further support.