- Describe the problem or issue
- List the stakeholders
- Re-frame the issue as a How Might We statement
- Describe the impact you are attempting to have.
- Why needs your help the most?
- What are some possible solutions to your problem?
- Describe the context and constraints you have to your future ideas.
- Re-write a different version of your original HMW statement.
Here is an image I made based on the How Might We format:
I remember when I ran Genius Hour, I used HMW, however I struggled with supporting students in developing these. I think that Barrett’s steps helps with that.