- Engage with First Nations education policy.
- Make space for First Nations content by ‘browning’ the curriculum.
- Implement pedagogical processes, including Yarning Circles, 8 Ways, and On Country Learning.
- Provide visibility of First Nations contexts and allowance of pedagogy.
- Engage with the local First Nations community.
Five top tips for undoing colonial structures in the classroom, fostering the engagement of First Nations students and embracing culture
Dja Dja Wurrung man and former school teacher Dr Aleryk Fricker provides five tips for undoing colonial structures: