- A state of flow
- Interdisciplinary standards and skills are addressed
- The focus is on learners learning rather than teachers teaching
- Often are minds-on, hands-on activities.
- Learners do not ask, “Why do I need to know this?”
- The learning activities are open-ended so learners put their “selves” into their projects.
- Projects are long term not finished in one class period.
- Troubleshooting and iteration often occur.
- The learners become a community of learners sharing ideas, asking for help, brainstorming.
She also provides a range of resources for digging deeper into this topic.