- I have a real need to inquire
- My learning journey is messy
- Skills and dispositions are my most important asset right now
- I don’t know what I don’t know
- I really wrestle with feeling incompetent and uncertain
- I don’t want to be talked at for too long
- I have welcomed being able to manage my time and learning at my own pace
One of the messages that stood out to me was the impact having skin in the game had on her learning:
Would I have a sustained interest and desire to learn about online facilitation had there been no real purpose for me? Probably not. Would I have fully engaged with this inquiry if some well-meaning ‘teacher’ told me I had to? I doubt it. I am doing this because I can see the value and purpose in it.
I think that this is a great post to consider when working with staff or students as they grapple with the changing learning landscape. It is also interesting to consider this alongside.