The real WHY for Literacy is about creating a more just and equitable society for all.
Cover Me began in 2006 as a cover songs radio show that went largely unheard in backwoods New Hampshire. In fall ’07, Cover Me took on blog form. It’s remained that way ever since.
Cover Me posts news articles and features all week, focusing on cover songs, tribute albums, and the like. Features include:
- The The Best Covers Ever counts down the, well, best covers ever of an iconic artist.
- The Full Albums collections go track-by-track through a classic album.
- Cover Classics dives deep into a classic cover album.
- Five Good Covers examines an oft-covered song from a variety of genres.
- Good, Better, Best ranks three great covers.
- They Say It’s Your Birthday salutes a great artist with covers of their songs.
- In Memoriam pays tribute to the recently (or not so recently) departed.
- In the Spotlight shines a light on a great cover artist.
- Under the Radar is like In the Spotlight, but for less famous folks.
- Album Reviews are what they sound like.
The site has been featured on the New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, and more. If you have an idea for a feature, a topic, or anything else, shoot us a line at the “Contact” tab above.